Here are the top 10 questions you should be asking your lender…
1. Can you help me create a mortgage plan and show me the best value over the time I’m going to own the home?
2. What percentage of your business is “purchase” vs. “refinance”?
3. Are you able to complete pre-approvals and issue rate quotes for a borrower in the same day, 7 days a week?
4. What are the full costs of my mortgage?
5. What programs are available? (from the house remodeling renovation program, to the 3% down for Conventional financing, to no down payment, to special pricing for teachers/fireman/policeman) ?
6. How long will it take to close this loan and what do I need to do to make that happen on time and efficiently?
7. Are you a mortgage broker or banker and can you table fund?
8. Is your company local and familiar with the Arizona Purchase Contract?
9. Can you suggest ways to increase my credit score and achieve the lowest rate possible?
10. How soon after a foreclosure or short sale can I qualify for a loan (if applicable)?
Each lender has different lending criteria, overlays, and programs available; so what one lender can’t do, another may be able too. Here is the lender I have found to be reliable, resourceful, and responsive:
To discuss this further please contact me so we can review your options. My job is to be your real estate advocate but the choice is always yours.